We are currently looking for Mobile Assistant Veterinary Surgeon to support our client’s practices in Enfield.
This is an interesting and varied role, which will see the successful candidate supporting colleagues by covering shifts and annual leave. With good clinical skills and an excellent communicator, everything you do will be underpinned by a friendly and caring approach to veterinary care.
- Hours Monday to Friday: Flexible working hours
- Weekends: 1 in 4 weekend rota
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: will be expected at the weekends.
- OOH: None, Provided by Vetsnow
- Other: They are interested in your ideas and ensure plenty of client contact during nurse clinics.
- Free parking
They offer a bright, spacious, air-conditioned surgery that is built to industry leading standards and has state of the art equipment including digital X-ray and in-house laboratory facilities, 2/3 consulting rooms, a full operating theatre, isolation units and kennelling. They have an exotics specialist who is keen to support colleagues with a special interest in this field
Package & Benefits:
- Package Salary range: Competitive DOE
- Fees: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
BSAVA fees paid for New Graduates
- Accommodation or: £10,200 allowance (pro-rata for PT)
- Vehicle or Allowance: £2500 in cash, but taxed
- CPD: £1500 per annum plus 3 days off, with extra certificate funding;
- Further Training: There are a fantastic team of in-house trainers who deliver customer service and communication training, how to handle tricky situations and giving/receiving feedback training – free of charge!
- Pension: Company pension scheme
- Holiday: Working life balance is of the utmost importance and offer 5 weeks’ holiday plus Bank Holidays. Part-time opportunities are available for most roles!
- Internal Schemes, discounts etc: Every member of staff has access to great discounts for supermarkets, shops, holidays etc (which can be very substantial!); They have their our own staff cost saving scheme for pet treatment, and offer great discounts on pet food. A lot of vets are also on commission, so they actively benefit from the hard work they put into the practice
- Staff related awards etc: Excellent scheme in place for staff members to accrue points for rewards etc, which can be spent on a variety of goods and services!
- Career progression: Uniquely, vets will have the opportunity to become their own bosses in their own clinics, with the benefit of working within a large, tried and tested network! Vastly improved profits through buying power, whilst also enjoy the tight support network clinically, with access to fantastically skilled vets! Excellent career paths available employees wanting to take a different direction and progress into roles such as Area Managers, College Lecturers, Regional Directors or, becoming part of the Practice Development team – and so much more!
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 6 month’s post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.