We have the opportunity for an experienced Registered Veterinary Surgeon to join a well-established mixed independent practice based in Langport, South Somerset which manages 95% small animal and 5% equine cases.
- Full or part-time considered
- Practice Type: 95% small animal / 5% equine
- Hours: Monday-Friday 08:30am-18:30pm, Saturday 08:30am-12:30pm
- Weekends: 1:4 or 1:5 on a rota basis
- OOH: No
- Sole Charge: Yes – occasional
- Branch Work: Yes
- Practice Vehicle: Yes
- Accommodation: Yes
About the practice and facilities:
This successful mixed independent practice is based in the beautiful town of Langport, South Somerset which manages 95% small animal and 5% equine cases.
There is a friendly and highly-skilled team of 4 Registered Veterinary Surgeons, 7 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Trainee Veterinary Nurses and 5 Administration/Reception staff which work across the practices 2 sites.
They provide a fantastic working environment and encourage the freedom to manage and work up cases independently with full support from the team as needed.
The practice is located within a 30-minute commutable distance of Glastonbury and Taunton with parking available on-site.
About the person:
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Surgeon to contribute towards providing great patient and client care alongside a friendly and supportive team in a mixed independent practice with great facilities. The team manages 95% small animal and 5% equine, but equine work is optional and not a requirement of this role.
You must have good general surgical and medical skills and be dedicated towards providing high-quality care to clients and patients within the local community.
This opportunity is available on a full or part-time basis. Full-time would be a 4-day working week and a 1:4 or 1:5 weekend rota and part-time compromises of a 2 or 3-day working week.
- Full or part-time opportunity to work with a successful mixed independent practice
- Competitive salary between £30,000-£45,000 DOE or pro-rata if part-time
- Friendly and supportive team
- Fantastic working environment in a beautiful location
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- 1+ years’ post-graduate experience in the United Kingdom
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8:30am–7:00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.