- Type: Small animal
- Start Date: 12th April
- End Date: Ongoing until a permanent vet is recruited
- Hours: Full Time, but based on a 4 day week
- Monday to Friday: 8.15am – 7.00pm and if working on a Friday you finish at 6.00 - based on a 4 day working week
- Weekends: Based on a 6 week rota - 4 weekends off - Then 1 Saturday 8.30am - 1.00pm and on call through to Sunday morning and the other weekend would be Sunday on call through to Monday morning.
- OOH: As above and 1 night per week over 5 weeks with no on call on the 6th week - There is all full back up from the veterinary Directors
- Computer System: Ventana
- Branch work: 2 branch practice, but mainly working at the main practice
- Sole charge: None, only when on call - Also have a live in nurse all year round
- Team: 11 vet experienced nurse and support team
- Consult times: 10 minute appointments, but very flexible on this
- Vehicle: Vehicle available to use if required
- Accommodation: Self-contact flat available for the practice, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen with washing machine etc
- The person: They are looking for vets with confidence in basic surgery and consultation skills.
- Other: The patient is the focus; fees are kept to a minimum, but the needs of the patient take priority. Rescue animals take up approx. 5-10% of the workload now. As a charity practice that have charity rated fees for their clients which are non-means tested.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- 12 months related experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested in locum or permanent work? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8:30am–7:00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.