We are looking for an enthusiastic registered veterinary nurse to join a busy small animal practice based in central Leicestershire to cover Maternity leave from October onwards. This will be a fixed term position initially, but could become a permanent role for the right person.
- Start: October - Part time position
- End: 9-12 months - TBC
- Hours Monday to Friday: Flexible role of 20 - 26 hours per week over 3 days - 9.00am – 8.00pm Early/late starts/finishes
- Weekends: 1 in 4 Saturdays (no sole charge) from 8am-4.30pm
- Computer System: RX Works
- OOH: No
- Computer System: RX Works
- Team: 7 vet, 5 RVN, 1 practice manager, 1 VCA and 5 receptionist strong team
- Other: Equal mix of consults, in patient care and surgery
- By joining this practice, you will be part of a team dedicated to providing a superb standard of client and animal care.
- This is a hands-on role in a busy team so the ideal candidate will need to be adaptable, flexible, and willing to work at all levels.
- They offer free parking and are local enough to access excellent transport links
- 98% colleague engagement and job satisfaction score
- Enjoy excellent relationships and communication between all clinical and non-clinical colleagues
- A happy, stable, well established team
- We have fun whilst they work and are honest and open with a zero blame culture
- The partners are very approachable and listen to feedback and suggestions and more importantly make changes!
- 4.8/5 client satisfaction scores
- An excellent local reputation and were recently voted one of the top 3 practices in Leicestershire!
- Anything but a vaccination and neutering clinic – They have a very busy and varied caseload
- Rough split of 45% dogs, 40% cats and 15% small furries
- Certificate holders in medicine, surgery, behaviour and acupuncture
- The ideal candidate will join a professional team and should possess a proficient level of general nursing skills, and great customer service experience, along with being cheerful, down-to-earth and enthusiastic with a genuine interest in animal welfare.
- Confident RVN with a passion for small animal practice
- A genuine love of the profession and the desire to continuously improve
- Honesty and integrity is key to everything that you do, you go the extra mile
- Enjoy meeting clients, building relationships and working in a close knit team
- Regardless of your experience level, you strive to grow and utilize your skills each and every day
- Attention to detail and enjoys the day to day challenges of working in practice
- Willing to “muck in” and help your colleagues when needed
They offer a bright, spacious, air-conditioned surgery that is built to industry leading standards and has state of the art equipment including digital X-ray, ultrasound and in-house laboratory facilities, 2/3 consulting rooms, a full operating theatre, isolation units and kennelling.
- Competitive salary: £19-23,000 pro rata DOE
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- Holiday: 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays rising to 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays after 2 years employment
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - £750 per year with paid time off to attend - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.