Would you be interested in a Lead Veterinary Surgeon role in the lovely Spa town of Harrogate?
We are currently seeking an experienced lead veterinary surgeon to join this hardworking and experienced team in North Yorkshire. The practice is in close proximity to Harrogate town centre and close to stunning rural attractions! Ideally, you will have a wealth of medical knowledge and be a strong communicator who displays a positive, can-do approach to everything you do!
This is a wonderful opportunity to work with an established team of four skilled vets, seven nurses and a wonderful ancillary team - all of whom are dedicated to providing a high and continually improving quality of care and service to both patients and clients.
- Hours: Mon – Fri: 8am – 7.30pm (early starts/late finishes) Sat: 8.30am – 5pm
- Team: 4 Vets, 7 Nurses and support staff
- Branch work: None
- OOH: None
- The ideal candidate will have strong surgical skills, especially in orthopaedics, a good blend of communication skills and a confident and can-do approach
- You may be a certificate holder or wish to work towards one.
- Three consult rooms
- Two theatres
- CT machine and digital X-ray
- The practice is also a dental referral practice
Package & Benefits:
- Package Salary range: £65,000 Package DOE
- Fees: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
BSAVA fees paid for New Graduates
- Accommodation: Happy to offer allowances up to £12,000 for vets DOE
- Vehicle or Allowance: If you take a vehicle it’s tax free and worth around £4500 (petrol, insurance, MOT, tax etc are all covered); if you opt for the allowance instead, it’s £2500 in cash, but taxed
- CPD: £1500 per annum plus 3 days off, with extra certificate funding;
- Further Training: There are a fantastic team of in-house trainers who deliver customer service and communication training, how to handle tricky situations and giving/receiving feedback training – free of charge!
- Pension: Company pension scheme
- Holiday: Working life balance is of the utmost importance and offer 5 weeks’ holiday plus Bank Holidays. Part-time opportunities are available for most roles!
- Internal Schemes, discounts etc: Every member of staff has access to great discounts for supermarkets, shops, holidays etc (which can be very substantial!); They have their our own staff cost saving scheme for pet treatment, and offer great discounts on pet food. A lot of vets are also on commission, so they actively benefit from the hard work they put into the practice
- Staff related awards etc: Excellent scheme in place for staff members to accrue points for rewards etc, which can be spent on a variety of goods and services!
- Career progression: Uniquely, vets will have the opportunity to become their own bosses in their own clinics, with the benefit of working within a large, tried and tested network! Vastly improved profits through buying power, whilst also enjoy the tight support network clinically, with access to fantastically skilled vets! Excellent career paths available employees wanting to take a different direction and progress into roles such as Area Managers, College Lecturers, Regional Directors or, becoming part of the Practice Development team – and so much more!
- Wellbeing/Support Management: A pioneering ‘Buddy System’ is in place where every new vet is allocated a Mentor, who will look after them in the first year and ongoing support is provided from a team of close-knit Area Managers and Regional Directors, all of whom who are fully trained in dealing with mental health issues.
- Clinical Support: They also have a tight internal clinical support network, with access to some fantastically skilled vets (for example, one of their surgeons is doing elbow surgery that isn’t done anywhere else in the UK), and equipment, such as their own CT and MRI units, and their very own radioiodine unit in London for hyperthyroid cats.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 2 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.