We are looking for a Head Vet to join our client's well established team in Derby. Our ideal candidate would be confident and competent in all soft tissue surgeries and basic orthopedics, and will be happy to mentor and guide less experienced team members. This is a great opportunity for vets who have a surgical bias.
The practice is very busy, often with 20+ ops per day. It is spacious and well equipped, including digital x-ray, consult rooms, separate kennels, cattery, prep and theatre. The team consists of 3 Vets, 2 RVNs, 4 Animal Nursing Assistants and 5 Receptionists. There is also a dedicated Head of Practice.
- 40 hours per week
- 1 in 3 weekends (days only) for which time in lieu will be given
- Late evenings and bank holidays on a rota basis
- No OOH
- 33 Days holiday per annum
- Starting salary of £40k p.a. and generous bonus package
- £1000 CPD allowance or financial support to certificate level
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS cover provided for all our vets
- Discounted veterinary services for all employees
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum 2 years’ post grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities:
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.00am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.