A well-established small practice in Wigan are recruiting a full or part time veterinary surgeon on a fixed term contract basis to work 42 Hours per week. This role is to begin in February 2020 however this is flexible. There is also the possibility of this becoming a permanent position. This is a well-established practice with a loyal client base that has continued to grow over the years. The role is full time Monday – Friday with Saturdays on a rota basis and sole charge.
- Type: Small Animal
- Start: February 2020 Flexible start date
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8.30am – 7pm 42 Hours per week
- Weekends: 1: 2 Saturday 9am – 2.30pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Yes, Saturday only
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Team: 4 Vet 7 RVN and support team
- Forward thinking and professional Practice
- Purpose built bright airy practice with state-of-the-art equipment
- Accredited training practice.
- Well established with a large client base
- Friendly and motivated team in place – regular social outings together
- Veterinary surgeon currently working towards a certificate in general surgery.
- Practice sees a varied medical and surgical case load with some exotics in the mix also
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have a good surgical and medical skills with a thorough clinical approach
- You will be confident with sole charge work
- You will be a forward-thinking veterinary surgeon
- You will be a happy to be key player in a small team and work well with others.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships with both clients and fellow team members.
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre Digital X-Ray
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• Blood Pressure Monitor
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
• Cat and Dog Hospital Ward
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000 DOE Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday plus Birthday off
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Certificates are funded and supported
- CPD: Generous Allowance £1,000 and certificates funded
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.