Our client is seeking an experienced Veterinary Surgeon for their small animal practice based in Hartlepool.
They have a tier 2 RCVS accredited practice with 4 premises - the largest of which is the Hartlepool surgery staffed with qualified Registered Veterinary Nurses assisting with the care of your pets.
They are a mixed practice treating farm animals as well as domestic pets up until 2000, when they became a small animal practice only – looking after mainly dogs and cats but increasing numbers of small pets – rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, chinchilla, birds, tortoises and reptiles to name just a few.
They have a fantastic opportunity for a full time experienced Vet to join their friendly team in a progressive, well established practice. A Clinical Director role, alongside the existing management team, could be available for the right candidate.
You will be a good communicator, having empathy with clients and their pets, and a passion to practice excellent veterinary medicine and surgery, alongside our likeminded team.
We offer an excellent benefit package, RCVS fees paid, encourage and fund CPD, Health Shield and pension plan. 20 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays. Pool car available in package if required. Accommodation available initially if required.
- Full Time - 4 days a week, 8.30am-6.30pm
- Weekend Rota: 1 in 3 Saturdays.
- Sole Charge: some
- OOH: No out of hours, but some weekend cover for any inpatients, but this is rare.
- Supported by a helpful and experienced team
Facilities / Services:
- Consult room
- Operating Theatre
- X-ray Room
- In-house laboratory
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Minimum 2 years' post grad experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Attractive salary DOE
- Accommodation Allowance
- Bonus scheme
- CPD allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Friendly environment
- They strongly promote a friendly atmosphere in their practices, so it’s a pleasant and supportive place to work.
- A health cash plan can help you budget for your everyday health needs.
- They really want to support you with your career development by making it easier for you to complete your CPD.
- They have a full in house CPD training structure in place
- Access to further external specialist CPD courses
- Strongly believe in promoting further development and happy to fund this
- They will pay your fees for professional membership.
- Pension auto enrolment contributions,
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities:
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.00am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.