Are you looking for a new challenge?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Assistant Veterinary Surgeon to take on a role at our clients lovely practices based in Sidcup, Kent.
- Hours Monday to Friday: 9.00 – 7.00
- Weekends: 1 in 3 weekend rota – Saturday 9.00 – 6.00 – Sunday 10.30 – 4.30
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: will be expected at the weekends.
- OOH: None, Provided by Vetsnow
- Other: They are interested in your ideas and ensure plenty of client contact during nurse clinics.
- Free parking
This practice has very good transport links to London and situated close to the train station. You will join a supportive and family oriented team made of one other vet and eight nurses, out of which five are qualified.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic team player and have a passion for delivering outstanding care to your patients, as well as a first-class service to your clients. You will need at least a minimum of 1 year UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience. In return they will provide strong mentorship, fantastic packages (see below) and the chance to be involved in cases using state-of-the-art technology. They provide all of this whilst you continue to develop your career and get the most job satisfaction.
Package & Benefits
- Package Salary range: Competitive DOE
- Fees: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid, BSAVA fees paid for New Graduates
- Accommodation: Happy to offer allowances up to £12,000 for vets DOE.
- Vehicle or Allowance: If you take a vehicle it’s tax free and worth around £4500 (petrol, insurance, MOT, tax etc are all covered); if you opt for the allowance instead, it’s £2500 in cash, but taxed
- CPD: £1500 per annum plus 3 days off, with extra certificate funding;
- Further Training: There are a fantastic team of in-house trainers who deliver customer service and communication training, how to handle difficult situations and giving/receiving feedback training – free of charge!
- Pension: Company pension scheme
- Holiday: Working life balance is of the utmost importance and offer 5 weeks’ holiday plus Bank Holidays. Part-time opportunities are available for most roles!
- Internal Schemes, discounts etc: Every member of staff has access to great discounts for supermarkets, shops, holidays etc (which can be very substantial!); They have their own staff cost saving scheme for pet treatment and offer great discounts on pet food. A lot of vets are also on commission, so they actively benefit from the hard work they put into the practice
- Staff related awards etc: These can be spent on a variety of goods and services!
- Career progression: Excellent career paths available employees wanting to take a different direction and progress into roles such as Lead Vets, Area Managers, College Lecturers, HVN’s, Clinical Coaches Regional Directors or, becoming part of the Practice Development team – and so much more!
- Wellbeing/Support Management: A pioneering ‘Buddy System’ is in place where every new vet is allocated a Mentor, who will look after them in the first year and ongoing support is provided from a team of close-knit Area Managers and Regional Directors, all of whom who are fully trained in dealing with mental health issues.
- Clinical Support: They also have a tight internal clinical support network, with access to some fantastically skilled vets (for example, one of their surgeons is doing elbow surgery that isn’t done anywhere else in the UK), and equipment, such as their own CT and MRI units, and their very own radioiodine unit in London for hyperthyroid cats.
- MRCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 6 months post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.