We are looking for a veterinary nurse to join a practice in South Leeds on a full-time fixed term, start ASAP (February 2020) through until July 2020 with the possibility of becoming permanent should it all work out. This a great opportunity to work with referral veterinary surgeons and nursing more complex cases than standard small animal practices.
- Full time
- Hours Mon-Fri: 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1 in 4/5 weekends on a rota basis
- Branch Work: Unlikely to be any work required at branches
- Sole Charge: None required
- OOH: No OOH or on call
- Team: An experienced team of vets & qualified nurses
A busy 1st opinion and referral practice which provides in own out of hours and emergency care. The practice is fully equipped with a high standard of facilities including an oncology unit, isolation unite, in house laboratory, exotic area and much more. The veterinary nurses play a key ole at this practice, assisting with surgeries and radiography, CT, ultrasound and endoscopy.
You must be a qualified veterinary nurse who is registered with the RCVS, experience working within a practice and up to date CPD. You must have excellent customer service and communication skills as well as being comfortable using computers to a good level.
- Salary £20,000-£24,000 per annum (pro rata, 7-month contract)
- Annual CPD allowance
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- RCVS fees paid
- Staff discounts and other perks
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service skills & a passion for the industry
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.