Our client is seeking an experienced Equine Veterinary Surgeon with a racing bias for their equine practice based in Malton, North Yorkshire. This long-established practice is supported by a team made up of 9 veterinary surgeons, 2 junior veterinary surgeons, 2 RVN’s, 2 SVN’s and support staff and, the successful candidate will be required to offer the very best levels of service to both clients and animals.
The candidate we are seeking has a passion and strong desire to deliver patient care that is second to none, with a racing bias, confidence and experience working with high value Thoroughbreds, have strong knowledge of the thoroughbred breeding industry and be able to demonstrate expert care of in-foal mares, foal, and young stock.
As well as having solid general all round veterinary knowledge with excellent communication skills, the candidates need to demonstrate the ability to work with a varied case load form start to finish.
Our client would be keen to meet with veterinary surgeons who have the drive and passion to move their career forward. This role will allow candidates the pleasure of working with a fantastic array of specialists both European and RCVS, along with certificate holders within chosen specialty areas and a fantastic experienced team of specialist RVNs.
They believe in investing in their people, surgeries, facilities, equipment, and latest technology so that they can provide outstanding veterinary care for their patients and their owners. They have a clear line management structure, but everyone makes the tea!
- Full Time: 40-hour week
- Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5.00pm
- Weekend Rota: 1:7
- Sole Charge: some
- OOH: Rota TBC
- Supported by a helpful and experienced team
Facilities / Services:
- Large stables, paddocks, and boxes
- Operating Theatre
- X-ray Room
- In-house laboratory
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Minimum 3 year’s post grad experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Attractive salary DOE
- Accommodation Allowance
- Bonus scheme
- CPD allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Friendly environment
- They strongly promote a friendly atmosphere in their practices, so it’s a pleasant and supportive place to work.
- A health cash plan can help you budget for your everyday health needs.
- They really want to support you with your career development by making it easier for you to complete your CPD.
- They have a full in house CPD training structure in place
- Access to further external specialist CPD courses
- Strongly believe in promoting further development and happy to fund this
- They will pay your fees for professional membership.
- Pension auto enrolment contributions,
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
What happens next:
If you would like to be considered, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities:
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.00am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.