We are looking for an experienced and dedicated for a Registered Veterinary Nurse with consulting experience to join our busy, well-established award-winning practice located in Leamington Spa.
Your duties will include running and promoting nurse clinics whilst maintaining an efficient and informative nurse consult service. You will have excellent problem solving and communication skills and be comfortable with communicating with Clients and Colleagues. Knowledge of Veterinary products including dietary would be beneficial.
This modern veterinary hospital offers a safe and secure working environment in the beautiful town of Royal Leamington Spa in Warwickshire, close to Stratford-upon-Avon and its theatres. Next to Warwick and the university with Warwick Arts Centre. The NEC and Birmingham are hubs for great music and events.
- They have nurses with advanced diploma qualifications and vets with certificates in surgery, diagnostic imaging, ophthalmology, endoscopy & endo-surgery, emergency medicine and dermatology.
- They have an experienced team of 4 day vets, 12 nurses and 4 receptionists.
- All clinics share the same software so you will have full access to the patients’ history at all times; case continuity guaranteed!
- This well-established practice provides a professional and caring service and the team provide the highest standard of care.
- The ideal candidate will share our passion for delivering outstanding client and patient care, and will enjoy working in a supportive and friendly environment.
- You'll have a friendly and positive attitude and want to progress and expand your knowledge and skills further.
- Strong mentorship and support will be available to help you develop your career and get the most satisfaction from your job. You'll be free to devote all of your time to looking after your clients and patients.
- Their hospital has 3 consult rooms, 1 dental room, a theatre, imaging room and separate cat and dog kennel areas as well as isolation kennels and recovery kennels in a large prep room with 2 additional work stations.
- They use isoflurane anaesthesia with piped gas and extensive monitoring equipment including multi-perameter monitors on all anaesthesia machines, have and use a ventilators in theatre and routinely perform laparoscopic ovariectomies and therefore have the facilities to perform other laparoscopic and thorascopic procedures.
- They have CR digital radiography and DR dental radiography, ultrasound capable of excellent abdominal and cardiac scans.
- Flexible and rigid endoscopy, Intravenous fluid pumps, dedicated constant-rate infusion pumps, blood pressure machines, lactate monitor, in house biochemistry and haematology, microscope and eye tonometry. We perform most soft tissue and orthopedic procedures including TTA.
Leamington Spa has excellent road links close to the M1, M6 and M5 we are 1.5 hours from anywhere, you could be in London or Manchester in no time. If you’re into sport Warwickshire and Birmingham have top flight football teams, a premier rugby team, cricket and anything else you can think of. If you like history Warwick and Kenilworth castles are close by and we have more countryside walks than you can shake a stick at
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary of between £23k-£27k Package DOE
- 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- BVNA fees paid
- £300 CPD allowance with 2 days CPD leave and in-house CPD training
• Fantastic career progression opportunities
• Exclusive retail, days out and holiday discounts available
• Eye care and childcare vouchers available
- Discounts to a range of external CPD providers
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
- Employee of the month awards
- Hill's staff pet feeding scheme
- Staff purchase scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum 1 year post grad experience
What happens next:
If you would like to be considered, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities:
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.00am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry.