We are recruiting for a permanent clinical director to work in a small animal hospital in Brighton. This role would suit an experienced veterinary surgeon who is looking to take on a more challenging role to develop their skill further. The role is 90% clinical and 10% management. There is ongoing support from the management team across the practice and the clinical director would be a part of this team.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm
- Weekends: 1: 4 Saturday 8am – 6pm Sunday 8am – 6pm
- OOH: 1: 11 for second on call which lasts 1 week
- Sole charge: Some occasional
- Branch Work: Occasional
- Other: One hospital day per week
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: Multiple Vet and RVNs
- Hospital – fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities
- Multi veterinary surgeon team with certificates
- Branch practices
- Large supported team of veterinary surgeons with certificates and experienced RVN with reception support.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- Be confident in sole charge work as all positions require some element
- Confident in routine surgery
- You must have good all-round clinical capabilities
- Working towards a certificate or the desire to do would be advantageous and supported
- Management tasks would involve the day to day decisions to ensure the smooth running of the practice. You are responsible for monthly audits and 6 monthly PDRs of the VS staff.
- Day to day duties would also include the handling of complaints.
- You would ideally have good clinical experience and have good interpersonal skills to build client working relationships.
- You need to be able to work well as part of the team – be the daily “go to person” for advice. You would also be responsible for supporting staff and giving encouragement and support to get the best from them and ensure personal development.
The practice boasts state of the art facilities ranging digital X-ray, ultrasound, various scopes, dental radiography, CO2 laser, laparoscopic equipment, CT scanner and a 1.5T MRI scanner.
- Salary: up to £65,000 DOE with a bonus scheme in place
- Holiday allowance: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.