An independent family run practice on the outskirts of Falkirk are recruiting two Registered Veterinary nurses to join their growing team. This is also a nurse training practice so opportunities to become a clinical coach and mentor others is available. This is a well-established small animal practice. The nurses would be joining a team of 2 Vets, 3 RVNS and 2 SVNS. They are looking for enthusiastic nurses who provide a high quality of care to patients and clients. This are both full time positions with a weekend rota but no OOH! They practice are passionate about staff development, so areas of special interest are supported, CPD is funded and each member of staff is supported and encouraged to reach their full potential.
About the role:
The role will involve all areas of general nursing and include anaesthesia, inpatient care, assisting the veterinary surgeons, radiography, in patient care and nurse consultations. With a good weekend rota the role offers an excellent work / life balance.
- Type: Small
- Hours: Monday – Friday
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturday Mornings
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Team: 2 Vet 3 RVN team
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
The practice is full equipped with all the toys as one would expect such as a modern laboratory suite, X Rays, Dental Suit and Ultrasound etc.
- You will be competent in all areas of general nursing
- You will be a motivated and caring individual
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- Having an interest and passion to become a clinical coach is advantageous but not essential
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- £21,000 - £24,000 pro rata
- CPD Generous allowance
- Holidays 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Paid professional memberships
- Frequent team building and social events
- VDS and RCVS Paid
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.